Competition November 11th
The Forge: Team Comp
intermediate and scaled
$125 a team plus tax and fees (early bird) for the first 10 teams then $140 after that
Come out and Play! Link below:
Ask Lyanne if you have questions.
CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Clean Complex (Weight)
*Do a set every 2 minutes.
1 Clean Pull + 1 Pause Power Clean + 1 Pause Push Jerk @ 6/10 RPE
1 Clean Pull + 1 Pause Power Clean + 1 Pause Push Jerk @ 6.5/10 RPE
1 Clean Pull + 1 Pause Power Clean + 1 Pause Push Jerk @ 7/10 RPE
1 Clean Pull + 1 Pause Power Clean + 1 Pause Push Jerk @ 7.5/10 RPE
1 Clean Pull + 1 Pause Power Clean + 1 Pause Push Jerk @ 8/10 RPE
*Pause in bottom of clean for 2 seconds.
**Pause in the receive of the push jerk for 2 seconds.
On Wednesday’s we wear pink (Time)
50 Toes to Bar
40 Burpee to Bar (6” reach)
30 Strict Handstand Push Ups
20 Bar Muscle Ups
10 Rope Climbs
STIMULUS and GOALS
• How to Pace: STEADY into CHALLENGE! A grip wrecker like no other. Push through the chipper with reckless abandon. Not to the point of failure, but try something different and see how big of sets you can go on the bar.
• How it should Feel: GASSY and/or MUSCULAR ENDURANCE! GRIP, GRIP, and more GRIP! Oh yeah, and shoulders as well. Quick breaks and get back to work.
WORKOUT STRATEGY & FLOW
• Toes to Bar: 2-4 sets would be fantastic, but break more if needed. Come out swinging and break before they make you break! We want big sets but not at the cost of reaching failure.
• Burpee: Please, whatever you do, keep moving with a consistent, moderate effort. Mark a chalk line or handprints on the floor to keep your landing position consistent under the bar.
• Strict Handstand Push Ups : Depending on your strength in this movement, either 2-3 sets or trying to keep 3-6 reps every 30 seconds.
• Bar Muscle Ups: We want aggressive, advanced athletes to push for 2 sets. If you are going to break more than twice, use the clock and keep yourself from resting for more than 20 seconds between sets.
• Rope Climbs : Take one at a time and try to get each completed in 2-3 pulls. Be sure to get down quicker than you ascend. The goal should be 1 climb every 15-20 seconds.
• The SCALING aim should allow for aggressive sets while keeping the longer rest between movements.
• Scaling option to finish near the target score:
40 Toes to Bar
30 Burpee to Bar (6” reach)
20 Strict Handstand Push Ups
10 Bar Muscle Ups
5 Rope Climbs
Check out our Scaling and Substitution Movement Document Here! for more recommendations!
1 Pause Rack Jerk + 1 Rack Jerk @ 6/10 RPE
1 Pause Rack Jerk + 1 Rack Jerk @ 6.5/10 RPE
1 Pause Rack Jerk + 1 Rack Jerk @ 7/10 RPE
1 Pause Rack Jerk + 1 Rack Jerk @ 7.5/10 RPE
1 Pause Rack Jerk + 1 Rack Jerk @ 8/10 RPE
pause in split for 3 secs
16 Front Rack Barbell Walking Lunge Steps @ 6.5/10 RPE
16 Front Rack Barbell Walking Lunge Steps @ 7/10 RPE
16 Front Rack Barbell Walking Lunge Steps @ 7.5/10 RPE
16 Front Rack Barbell Walking Lunge Steps @ 8/10 RPE
EMOM 32 Minutes
Minute 1: 15/12 row
Minute 2: 75 Double Unders
Minute 3: 15 Wall Balls (20/14) (11ft)
Minute 4: 25ft Handstand Walk (1 pirouette at 10ft and 1 at 20ft. Turn different direction each time)