CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Cannon Ball (Time)
21/15 Calorie Row
15 Box Jump Overs (24″/20″)
7 Squat Cleans (155 / 105 lb)
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Looking at the mid-teens for a finish time here.
– Stimulus calls for a moderate-to-heavier barbell load, one that we could cycle for 10+ reps unbroken when fresh.
– We often talk through pacing the monostructural movement in a workout (which today would be the row), but the barbell here is a slightly heavier than “normal”. This is a great focus for the day… managing the volume consistently at this load.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. The only movement we are likely to stop forward progress in this workout is on the squat cleans.
2. Pace the row and box jump overs so that we can excel on the barbell.
3. Can go small sets on the bar but quick singles will likely be more sustainable.
4. Treat the first 2 rounds as the buy-in with the last 3 being the workout.
Metcon (No Measure)
Handstand Walk + Lunge
Alternating OTM x 10 (5 Rounds):
Minute 1 – 50′ Handstand Walk
Minute 2 – 50′ Barbell Front Rack Walking Lunge
Athletes build to a heavy 50′ lunge for the day.
– On the first minute, we are looking for practice.
– On the second, we are looking for strength conditioning.
– Time cap ourselves with :50s of work if the distance is a length we are not yet fully consistent with.
– On the lunging, let’s place our focus here, building to a heavy 50′ for the day over the course of the five Modifications
– 50 Seconds Of Handstand Hold Practice
– 20 Handstand Shoulder Taps Against A Wall
– 30 Second Handstand Hold Against A Wall
FRONT RACK WALKING LUNGE
– 14 Front Rack Step Back Lunges (In Place)
– Double Dumbbell Front Rack Walking Lunges
– 14 Double Dumbbell Front Rack Step Back Lunges (In Place)
– Bodyweight Lunges
– 50′ Barbell Front Rack Carry