CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Back Squat: One heavy rep
Work up to one heavy rep
15 min time cap
40 Front Squats 95 / 65 lb
30 Front Squats 115 / 85 lb
20 Front Squats 135 / 95 lb
10 Front Squats 155 / 105 lb
On the Minute [Starting at 0:00]:
5 Bar-Facing Burpees
– Conditioning Category: Grind
– Front Squats: Athletes should use 1 barbell and change out the weights themselves. The last barbell should not exceed 70% of your 1RM front squat.
– Bar-Facing Burpees: Athletes should be able to complete the 5 reps in less than 30s each minute.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete all 100 front squats.
– Let’s aim to find a burpee pace that is sustainable throughout the workout while keeping in mind that we want to be able to leave gas in the tank for the front squats. This is likely somewhere around a 7 out of 10 effort on pacing here.
– On the front squats, let’s see if we can hold onto the bar for sets of 10 or more throughout the workout. Our cycle speed does not need to be fast here.
– Have your plates laid out and ready to go to make your weight changes as seamless as possible.
– Reduce Weights
– Sub Dumbbells
– Reduce Reps
– Regular Burpees
10 Legless Rope Climbs (15-ft.)
*Repeat from 8.12.22
Every 2 Minutes Until 150 Reps:
18/14 Calorie Ski Erg
Max GHD Sit-ups