CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Build to a heavy squat snatch (Weight)
Build to a heavy rep
Hello darkness (Time)
36 Burpee Chest to Bar Pull-ups
63 Dumbbell Hang Power Snatches* 70 / 50 lb
3,000 Meter Bike Erg
*Switch Arms Every 5 Reps
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Burpee Chest To Bar: Athletes can jump, hang, and kip into their pull-up or jump immediately into their pull-up each rep. The bar should be at least 6″ above your reach. Reps should be able to be completed in less than 5:00.
– Dumbbell Hang Power Snatches: Perform with 1 dumbbell. Athletes should switch arms every 5 rep. Reps should be completed in less than 5:00.
– Bike: Athletes should be able to bike at a 2:20 per 1000m or faster to complete the bike meters as prescribed. Damper setting should be set to whatever allows you to hold 80 RPM or higher throughout the entire 3k. This station should take less than 7:00.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete the workout.
– Let’s chip away at the burpee chest to bar at a steady, sustainable pace. Try to minimize your steps between the burpee and the pull-up by making sure your hips are under the bar in the bottom portion of your burpee so that as soon as you pop up, you can jump right to the bar.
– With a heavier dumbbell today and lots of reps, let’s set “check points” along the way. Every 10-20 reps, we can decide to hold on for another 10-20 reps or to take a break. Having these check points can help making the decision to break or hold on much easier and keep your breaks short.
– The bike is the last station here so it’s worth it to push the pace here a bit. We want to be careful to not sell out too early on though as we’ll be on the bike for about 6:00. See if you can speed up every 1,000m or aim to hold the same pace throughout and pick up your speed toward the end.
BURPEE CHEST TO BAR PULL-UPS
– Reduce Reps
– Reduce Bar Height
– Burpee Pull-Ups
– 36 Burpees + 36 Banded Pull-Ups
DUMBBELL HANG POWER SNATCHES
– Reduce Loading
– Kettlebell Swings
3,000 METER BIKE ERG
– Reduce Meters
– 1,500m Row
– 1,200m Ski
– 1,200m Run
Death By Handstand Walk
Minute 1: 10ft. Handstand Walk
Minute 2: 20ft. Handstand Walk
Minute 3: 30ft. Handstand Walk
Minute 4: 40ft. Handstand Walk
Add 10ft. Each Minute Until Failure