CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
On the 2:30 x 6 Sets:
2-3 Push Jerks @ 78-88%
*Percentage Based Off 1RM Push Jerk
CrossFit Games Open 12.4 (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
12-minute AMRAP of:
150 Wall-Ball Shots, 20# / 14#
– Conditioning Category: Grindy Threshold. Aim to move at your maximal sustainable pace while grinding through these big chinks of reps.
– Wallballs: Athletes should be able to complete the 150 reps in sets of 10 or more. Reduce loading/reps if needed to hit this stimulus.
– Double Unders: Athletes should be able to complete the 90 reps in 1-3 sets. If needed, reduce the reps or time cap attempts at 2:00.
– Ring Muscle-Ups: Athletes should be able to complete the 30 ring muscle ups in sets of 3 or more. If needed reduce the reps or modify the movement.
– Workout Note: Athletes must complete these movements in order. Finishing 1 full round will be challenging for many athletes. See how far you can get!
– Score: Total reps. 1 full round = 270 reps.
– It is physically possible to complete 30 wallballs in 1 minute. This is for the best of the best though and if these reps are unbroken. A more realistic approach is to aim for 20-25 reps per minute. This means we are looking to spend 7.5 minutes or less on the ball. Keep this in mind when working through the wallballs and use the clock to help hold you accountable.
– Potential Break Up Options: 1 big set followed by sets of 10, bigger sets to 80 then smaller sets, 5 sets of 30, 10 sets of 15, or 15 sets of 10.
– Aim for 1-3 sets on the rope. Breaking purposefully can help save the arms for the ring muscle-ups.
– Chip away at the muscle-ups however you see fit. The key here is to spend as little time resting between sets as possible.
– Potential Break-Up Options: 12-10-8, 10-8-6-6, 8-6-6-5-5, 6 sets of 5, or 10 sets of 3.
– Reduce Loading/Reps
– Single Dumbbell Thrusters
– 300 Air Squats
– Reduce Reps
– 2:00 Time Cap
– 135 Single Unders
– 2:00 Effort On Any Machine
– 400m Run
– Reduce Reps
– Bar Muscle-Ups
– Ring Dips
– Chest To Bar Pull-Ups
Ski Erg + GHD Sit-up
4 Rounds For Time:
500 Meter Ski Erg
25 Med-Ball GHD Sit-ups 20 / 14 lb
Time Cap: 16 Minutes
Echo Bike Intervals
60 Seconds at Moderate Pace (85-95% FTP)
10 Seconds Rest
Rest 3 Minutes Between Sets
*REFER TO FTP ON 11/19/22