CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Kickstarter (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
40/30 Calorie or Row 400m run or bike 25/20 cals
30 Single Arm Dumbbell Hang Clean and Jerks
20 Toes to Bar
10 Strict Handstand Push-Ups
Dumbbell – 50 / 35 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Light dumbbell, and one we feel confident in completing that first set of 30 reps unbroken. At most, a single break after that round.
– Switch arms every 5 reps on the hang clean and jerks.
– Looking to challenge our strict HSPU at the end of each round, but, without becoming “stuck”. Ensure the rep scheme we go with today allows for completion in ~2:00 or less.
– Score: Rounds + Reps
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. The combination of hang clean and jerks, toes to bar, and strict handstand push-ups, are a recipe for a good little shoulder burner.
2. The bike is our one place of relief for the shoulders so let’s be smart with pacing here.
3. Let’s hold onto the dumbbell for all 30 reps if we feel confident in completing the handstand push-ups in 2 sets. If we think we’ll need more sets on the handstand push-ups, let’s take a break at half way to conserve the shoulders.
4. Breaking the toes to bar frequently will help to conserve the shoulders for our handstand push-ups. 4-4-4-4-4 or 5-5-5-5 or 8-7-5 or 11-9 are some potential options. Select the option that will allow you to kick right up to the wall.
5. Break up the handstand push-ups as needed. Avoid any sticky or slow reps. Always kick down before we get to these reps.
40/30 Cal Row
30/21 Cal Assault Bike
30/21 Cal Ski
30/21 Cal Air Run
40 x 10m Shuttle Runs
SINGLE ARM DUMBBELL HANG CLEAN AND JERKS
– Light barbell
– Single Kettlebell
TOES TO BAR
– Knees To Chest
– Toes To As High As Possible
– 2 x AbMat Sit-Ups
STRICT HANDSTAND PUSH-UPS
– Box Strict Handstand Push-Ups
– Double Dumbbell Strict Press
– Barbell Strict Press
30 Single Arm Dumbbell Hang Clean and Jerks (50/35)
30 AbMat Sit-ups
30 Hand Release Push-ups
Metcon (No Measure)
3 Rounds (Not for Time):
25-50′ Handstand Walk
20 Chest To Bar Pull-Ups
25-50′ Handstand Walk
– Not for time. Entirely for practice.
– Each movement total is on the higher end, allowing us to practice and refine consistent sets.
– Handstand walk distance is left open-ended so that we can choose a distance respective to our ability.
– 150 Single Unders
– 90 Seconds Of Practice
– 100 Line Hops
– 1 Minute of Practice
– 10-20 Handstand Shoulder Taps Against A Wall
– Belly To Wall Lateral Handstand Walk (5 Steps In Each Direction)
– 3-5 Wall Walks
– :30s-1:00 Handstand Hold Against A Wall
CHEST TO BAR PULL-UPS
– Banded Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
– Chin Over Bar Pull-Ups
– Strict Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
– Strict Chin Over Bar Pull-Ups
– Banded Strict Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
– Banded Strict Pull-Ups