CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Build to Heavy Set of 5
1×5 @ 90% of Heavy 5
1×5 @ 80% of Heavy 5
An arm and a leg (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
“An Arm & A Leg”
10 Kipping Handstand Push-Ups
30 Double Unders
50-ft. Double Dumbbell Front Rack Lunge
Dumbbells: 50 / 35 lb’s
– Conditioning Category: Grindy Threshold
– HSPU: Perform in 1-2 sets and complete in less than 45s each round.
– DU: Perform in less than 45s each round.
– DB Front Rack Lunge: Hands should stay on the handles. Perform in 1-2 sets and complete in less than 1:00 each round.
– Goal: 8 rounds or more.
– Score: Rounds + reps. The 50ft. lunge will equal 1 rep so only fully completed lunge efforts will count.
– Focus on a strong kip on your HSPU. These will become increasingly more difficult as you get deeper into the workout.
– Relax the shoulders and keep each jump on the lower side on the double unders to avoid wasting any extra energy.
– Make quick work of the lunges. The longer these take, the longer the arms will remain under tension.
– Be sure to have smooth transitions from movement to movement.
– Reduce Reps
– Use Riser(s)
– Strict HSPU
– Double Dumbbell Push Presses
– Reduce Reps
– 45 Single Unders
– 30 Line Hops
DOUBLE DUMBBELL FRONT RACK LUNGE
– Reduce Distance
– Reduce Loading
– 16 Front Rack Step Back Lunges
Metcon (No Measure)
Strict Handstand Push-up Conditioning
For Time [10 Minute Cap]:
Unbroken Strict Handstand Push-ups
Build to a Moderate-Heavy Set of 3
On the 1:30 x 10 Rounds:
30-ft. Handstand Walk
Max Calorie Echo Bike