CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
3 Rounds For Time:
400m run or 500row
40 Wallballs 20 / 14 lb
30 Alternating Dumbbell Power Snatches 50 / 35 lb
20 Toes to Bar
– Conditioning Category: Pacer
– The weight of the ball should be something we can complete 20+ wallballs unbroken when fresh.
– The dumbbell should be a light-moderate weight…Something we have no problem moving for the 30 reps each round within this workout.
– If we cannot complete 15+ toes to bar unbroken when fresh, let’s bring down the reps or scale to hanging knee raises.
– Score: Time
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Row: Steady pace across. This is a station where we always be making forward progress. Getting off the rower a few seconds faster may cause us to break more on our other stations.
2. Wallballs: Let’s break these into 2-4 sets and be sure to have some urgency to get back to work when we drop.
3. Dumbbell Snatches: Shoot for continuous movement throughout. Switch on the ground or in the air. If our your grip tends to fatigue quickly, consider taking a quiock break at halfway to shake both arms out to prepare for the toes to bar.
4. Toes To Bar: Sets of 4, 5, or more work great for this movement. Let’s plan for at least 1 break, especially in round 1. We want to be mindful of the shoulders and make sure we can stick to our break up strategy in rounds 2 and 3 on all of our movements.
5. There are 11 transitions in this workout not including breaks within stations. If you take 5 seconds to get from station to station that’s a total of almost an entire minute of doing absolutely nothing added onto your time. See how quick you can start each station. This may mean smaller sets but it will be a good learning opportunity for us.
– 400m Run
– 400/300m Ski
– 1000/800m Bike (Any Bike)
– Empty Barbell Thrusters
– Single Dumbbell Thrusters
– Squat Jumps
– 60 Air Squats
ALTERNATING DUMBBELL POWER SNATCHES
– Empty Barbell Hang Power Snatches
– Odd Object Ground To Overhead
TOES TO BAR
– Knees To Chest
– Toes To As High As Possible
– Weighted Sit-Ups