CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
1 Mile Run
2,000 Meter Row
1 Mile Run
*Sgt Major Jerry Dwayne Patton, 40, died on 15 October 2008 during High Altitude High Opening (HAHO) training while assigned to Army USSOCOM preparing for deployment to Afghanistan. Jerry is survived by his wife Molly and his sons Chad, Cody, Chase and Connor.
– Conditioning Category: Pacer
– Run: Each mile performed in less than 10:00.
– Row: Performed in less than 10:00.
– Score: Total Time.
– For the first mile, let’s aim for about an 80-85% effort. We want to run fast but not so fast that we can’t perform on the row.
– For the row, aim to hold 5-10 seconds slower than your 2k time trial pace. If it helps mentally, alternate between 100m at your 2k pace (hard) and 100m at 10 seconds slower than that (moderate).
– For the second mile, aim to ramp up your speed with each 400m.
Squat Snatch Complex
1 Squat Snatch + 1 Overhead Squat
@75-90% 1rm sqt snatch
– Performed @ 75-90% 1RM Squat Snatch.
– Athlete’s choice on number of sets.
– Rest as needed between sets.
– Score: Enter heaviest lift only.
Metcon (No Measure)
50-ft. Handstand Walk
10 Dumbbell Power Snatches 70 / 50 lb
100ft. Dumbbell Overhead Walking Lunge
Not For Time:
Strict Ring Dips
Strict Handstand Push-Ups
Bike Intervals 7 [OPTIONAL]
5:00 Recovery Spin