CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
3 Power Snatches 95/65lb
3 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
3 Box Jumps (30″/24″)
6 Power Snatches 95/65
6 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
6 Box Jumps (30″/24″)
Add 3 Reps Each Round
– Conditioning Category: Grindy Threshold
– Power Snatches: Loading should not exceed 60% of your 1RM power snatch.
– Chest To Bar: Athletes should be able to complete sets of 3 or more for the majority of the workout to perform reps as prescribed.
– Box Jumps: High box. Athletes should stand fully at the top of each rep.
– Score: Rounds + Reps.
– This workout is going to get grippy. We will need to be smart about our break up strategy early.
– The easier movement (out of snatches and chest to bar) to break up would be the chest to bar.
– Let’s aim to cycle the barbell in unbroken sets through at least the 6’s. From there, we can plan on going 2-3 sets for the rest of the workout or drop right to sets of 3 if you know chest to bar will become more challenging for you in the later rounds.
– Pace the box jumps in a way that will allow your grip to recover a bit.
Metcon (No Measure)
50 Wallballs 30 / 20 lb to 10ft.
25 Medicine Ball GHD Sit-ups*30 / 20 lb
500 Meter Ski Erg
*Women to 6 inch riser.
Upper Body Accessory
On the Minute x 7:
30 Seconds Double Dumbbell Bench Press
30 Seconds Ring Plank Hold