CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Positins: overgead squats (Weight)
Positions: Overhead Squat
1 Tempo Overhead Squat
*5s Down, 5s Pause in Bottom, 5s Stand
Rest As Needed Between Sets.
Your calculated percentages
– Focus on punching up on the bar and pushing the pinkies in to the bar to help keep the shoulders externally rotated and in a solid position.
– These are meant to be light, technique loads.
Percentages based on 1RM Overhead Squat:
Set 1 – 50%
Sets 2-5 – 50-65% Overhead Squat, of 1RM Overhead Squat), based on feel.
Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
“A Thing or Two”
AMRAP 2 x 6 Rounds:
30 Air Squats
10 Chest To Bar Pull-Ups
Max Squat Snatches (115/85) 135 / 95
Rest 2:00 Between Rounds
– Conditioning Category: Sprint
– The weight on the bar should be a moderate loads. Something that you could complete 10+ unbroken squat snatches with when fresh.
– We want at least 30s on the bar each round. If you are still working on the gymnastics at the 1:30 mark on any round, let’s move right to the barbell.
– If you cannot complete 20 push-ups unbroken when fresh, let’s reduce the reps to 10-15.
– Record max squat snatch reps every round. Your overall score will be total reps.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. We are looking for hard efforts each round in order to buy us some time on the barbell.
2. Find a steady, fast pace on the air squats.
3. Aim for 1-3 quick sets on the push-ups.
4. Aim for 1-2 sets on the chest to bar.
5. Chip away at single on the barbell.
CHEST TO BAR PULL-UPS
– Chin Over Bar Pull-Ups
– 5 Strict Chest To Bar
– 7 Strict Chin Over Bar Pull-Ups
– Single Dumbbell
– Power Snatches
– Squat Cleans