CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
1 Set of 20
– Build to a heavy set of 20 thrusters.
– Barbell can be taken from the floor or the rack.
– A good launching point for percentage would be 50% of your 1RM thruster.
– 3 attempts max here.
– Score: Heaviest set of 20
Smoke alarm (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
Time cap 30 mind
On the 2:00 x 15 Rounds:
15/12 Calorie Row
AMRAP “Bergeron Beep Test”
“Bergeron Beep Test”:
7 Thrusters 75 / 55 lb
*if you’re not making the 2 minutes just do 10 rounds or more and stop at the time cap
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Row: Completed in less than 1:00
– Beep Test Rounds: Athletes should be able to complete each movement in unbroken sets. Each round should take less than 1:30.
– Notes: Pick up where you left off in the AMRAP after each row.
– Score: Total rounds + reps
– It does not pay to be a winner on the row. If we push too hard here, it can cause our beep test rounds to slow significantly and require us to take unnecessary and/or longer breaks.
– If we take a full minute to complete the row, we can anticipate finishing about 1 “Bergeron Beep Test” round. Try to make it your goal to finish as close to 1 round as possible within each window.
– Focus on quick transitions from movement to movement. Have a “just start” mentality.
– Out of the 3 movements in the “Bergeron Beep Test” rounds, let the burpees be your “pacer.” Move a little slower on these in order to get your pull-ups and thrusters done unbroken.
Metcon (No Measure)
3-4 Sets of 8-12 Reps:
A. Barbell Curl
B. Bulgarian Split Squat (Each Leg)
C. Static Reverse Hyper Hold (60-90 Seconds)
*Repeat from 6.6.22
On the Minute Until 120 Reps:
1 Minute GHD Sit-ups (40″/37″)
1 Minute Rest
100 Yard Sprint
100 Yard Walk
Rest 4 Minutes Between Rounds.
*THIS PIECE IS OPTIONAL FOR THIS AGE GROUP