CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
10 rep max power clean (Weight)
10 rep max power clean
Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
15/12 Calorie Row, 3 Power Cleans
15/12 Calorie Row, 6 Power Cleans
15/12 Calorie Row, 9 Power Cleans
15/12 Calorie Row, 12 Power Cleans
15/12 Calorie Row, 15 Power Cleans
[Add 3 Power Cleans Per Round]
Barbell: 135 / 95 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– We should choose a weight that we could cycle for 10+ reps unbroken when fresh.
– Our row should be able to be completed in no more than a minute. If not, let’s consider reducing the reps.
– Score: Rounds + Reps
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. The first rep of power cleans is huge. The moment we get off the rower we need to be ready to pick the bar up and get started.
2. Quick singles early on the bar is a good opportunity to conserve some energy where we can then go touch and go for bigger sets later in the workout.
15/12 CALORIE ROW
– 15/12 Cal Bike Erg
– 12/10 Cal Assault or Echo Bike
– 12/10 Cal Ski
– 12/10 Cal Air Runner
– 200m Run
– Sub Dumbbells
– Kettlebell Swing