CrossFit – Fri, Apr 28
CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Power Clean build to a heavy 5 reps (Weight)
Nowhere fast (Time)
10 min time cap
For Time [8 Minute Cap]:
50 Power Cleans 155 / 105 lb
On the Minute (Starting At The 0:00):
5 Toes to Bar
REPEAT FROM 7.23.19
– Feel: This workout should feel like a grippy sprint.
– Power Cleans: Loading should not exceed 70% of your 1RM power clean. Athletes should be able to hold onto the bar for touch and go sets for the majority of these reps.
– Toes To Bar: Athletes should be able to complete these reps unbroken every round.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete the 50 power cleans.
– We can approach this workout in 2 ways…we can try to get as many reps as we can in minute 1 and then get what we can in the following minutes or we can aim to complete roughly the same number of reps each minute.
– If your barbell cycling is strong, let’s try for the first option. If we aren’t as strong on the barbell, let’s go for the second option.
– We need to be mindful of our grip here. The longer we hold onto the bar, the more quickly our grip will fatigue. We would suggest doing no more than a set of 15 at a time.
– Let’s see if we can get at least 8 power cleans a minute so that we can be sure that we’ll finish under the time cap.
– Reduce Reps
– Reduce Loading
– Sub Dumbbells
TOES TO BAR
– Reduce Reps
– Toes To As High As Possible
– Knees To Chest
Extra 4/28/23 (Checkmark)
For Total Load:
*Start at 70% 1RM & Build
*Rest 1-2 Minutes Between Sets
5,000 Meter Row
6 Rounds For Time:
5-10-15-20-25-30 Calorie Echo Bike
30% Max Ring Muscle-ups