Competition November 11th
The Forge: Team Comp
intermediate and scaled
$125 a team plus tax and fees (early bird) for the first 10 teams then $140 after that
Come out and Play! Link below:
Ask Lyanne if you have questions.
CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Back squats 6-6-4-4-3 (Weight)
1 Pause Back Squat + 2 (1 ¼ Back Squat) + 3 Back Squat @ 5/10 RPE
1 Pause Back Squat + 2 (1 ¼ Back Squat) + 3 Back Squat @ 5.5/10 RPE
1 Pause Back Squat + 1 (1 ¼ Back Squat) + 2 Back Squat @ 6/10 RPE
1 Pause Back Squat + 1 (1 ¼ Back Squat) + 2 Back Squat@ 6/10 RPE
1 Pause Back Squat + 1 (1 ¼ Back Squat) + 1 Back Squat @ 6.5/10 RPE
The Sandlot (AMRAP – Reps)
EMOM 16 Minutes
Minute 1: 200m Run
Minute 2: 500/400m Bike Erg
Minute 3: 30 seconds of Burpee Bar Muscle Ups (score here)
Minute 4: Rest
*have to make the 200m run and bike erg to score on the burpee bar mups
Target Time each minute: 40-50 seconds on the machines
• Time Cap each set: 55 seconds on the machines
STIMULUS and GOALS
• How to Pace: STEADY!
Find a pace on all 3 stations to maintain a moderate to moderate-high output consistently. Use the first time as a test pace, and then you should know what can be replicated across.
• How it should Feel: GASSY into CARDIO! Every station is going to attack your lungs. Work hard, recover, and hold on!
WORKOUT STRATEGY & FLOW
• Run: Moderate fast pacing here (80%), but that does not mean go hard and sprint. Get up to a comfortable speed that you know can be held across all rounds. The goal should be sub-50 seconds.
• Bike Erg: Similar to the run, get up to speed quickly and keep driving through.
• Burpee Bar Muscle Ups : You only have 30 seconds here, so take that first set at a smooth and steady pace and see what you end up with. After that, adjust to keep your reps consistent or slightly increase across rounds.
• The SCALING aim is to keep intensity moderate/high each minute and stay moving!
• Scaling option to finish near the target score:
EMOM 16 Minutes
Minute 1: 150m Run
Minute 2: 400/300m Bike Erg
Minute 3: 30 seconds of Burpee Bar Muscle Ups (OR Burpee Pull Ups)
Minute 4: Rest
Extra 8/7/23 (Checkmark)
15 Barbell Back Extensions
30 Heavy Kettlebell Side Bends (15 each side)
:60 Ring Support (Every 10 seconds perform a knee up)
Deload Week Read up (Checkmark)
Use the “Workout Prep notes” here as a resource for your deload.
This is a scheduled deload week for ALL Mayhem Athletes. Regardless of what your fitness goals are in this season and long term, this is a great week to allow your body to recover.
With this Deload, we have less volume all week, and want you to pull back on the intensity (and further adjust volume) as needed. You shouldn’t hit over an 80-85% effort in much anything this week. The lifting volume and RPEs are lowered Monday through Saturday as well, to help your central nervous system recover (if you want the higher RPEs, then checkout the MBS track).
Look for longer duration metcons this week to help back off intensity overall! Our last Deload Week was over a month ago, and the next one won’t be for a number of weeks, so take this week to recover more as needed!
With our lifting, the percentages are light to moderate. Please feel free to drop % and/or RPE on the lifting too if you are needing the extra recovery. For the rest of programming, rest additionally as needed or back off intensity.
Click “Workout prep notes available” directly below for more details on the What, How and Why of a “Deload week”