Competition November 11th
The Forge: Team Comp
intermediate and scaled
$125 a team plus tax and fees (early bird) for the first 10 teams then $140 after that
Come out and Play! Link below:
Ask Lyanne if you have questions.
CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Clean Deadlift (Weight)
*Do a set every 1 minute and 30 seconds.
3 Clean Deadlift @ 8/10 RPE
2 Clean Deadlift @ 9/10 RPE
1 Clean Deadlift @ 10/10 RPE
10 Clean Deadlift @ 6.5/10 RPE
10 Clean Deadlift @ 7/10 RPE
*No hook or mixed grip.
Nate (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
AMRAP 20 Minutes
2 Ring Muscle Ups
4 Handstand Pushups
8 Kettlebell Swings RX+ (70/53) RX (53/35)
• Target Rounds: 15+
• Minimum Rounds before scaling: 10
STIMULUS and GOALS
• How to Pace: STEADY into GRIND! Nate is a great workout to learn how to pace and work on consistent round times for a longer time frame. Small sets and quick rounds sound like fun, but let me assure you that after a few rounds, you will look at the clock and see there are 18 minutes left, and then reality hits. Aim for consistency and establish a pace early on that can be replicated across. The final push should be the final 5 minutes. On the minute would be a great goal to try and hold.
• How it should Feel: MUSCULAR ENDURANCE and/or CARDIO! What’s bad about this workout is that there is no reason to stop. It’s all about controlling your heart rate and staying moving. Don’t over-rush to each station, use a 5-10-second transition.This is a fun push, pull, push, pull combo each round. We need you to focus on using your Hips for each movement! And then push into the intensity as much as you can without blowing up!
WORKOUT STRATEGY & FLOW
• Ring Muscle Ups : Aim to make these smooth! We want to focus on staying tight in the back swing and a well timed kip into the dip
• Handstand Push Ups : We don’t hit these very often, but this is a great workout to get some volume in with them. Find a great tripod position and aim to have your hips loaded into your kip as soon as you hit the bottom!
• Kettlebell Swings : This is the worst part of the workout. Work to have these unbroken as much as possible. Keep these reps smooth and steady while breathing at the top with a slight pause. Keep a tight core and don’t be afraid to let your chest drop each round to load your hips and posterior chain for maximal power each swing (saves the arms!).
MAYHEM MOM MODIFICATIONS
(For pregnant and postpartum women)
• Ring Muscle Up —–> Modified Ring Muscle Up OR Modified Burpee Pull Ups – modified push up x 2 to scapular pull up x 2
• Handstand Pushups —–> 1 Elevated Box Walks OR Seated Dumbbell Strict Press
• Kettlebell Swings —–> No modification, if you don’t have a kettlebell you can perform as Dumbbell Swings
SCALING (AKA 45+ Masters Rx)
• The SCALING aim is to stay moving quickly round to round.
• Scaling option to finish near the target score:
AMRAP 20 Minutes
1 Ring Muscle Up
2 Handstand Pushups
4 Kettlebell Swings (70/53)
Check out our Scaling and Substitution Movement Document Here! for more recommendations!
In honor of Chief Petty Officer Nate Hardy, who was killed Sunday, February 4th during combat operations in Iraq. Nate is survived by his wife, Mindi, and his infant son Parker.
Metcon (No Measure)
5 Front Squat @ 6/10 RPE
4 Front Squat @ 7/10 RPE
3 Front Squat @ 8/10 RPE
2 Front Squat @ 9/10 RPE
1 Front Squat @ 10/10 RPE
10 Front Squat @ 6.5/10 RPE
10 Front Squat @ 7/10 RPE
5 Dumbbell Bench Press @ 6/10 RPE
5 Dumbbell Bench Press @ 7/10 RPE
3 Dumbbell Bench Press @ 8/10 RPE
3 Dumbbell Bench Press @ 9/10 RPE
10 Dumbbell Bench Press @ 6.5/10 RPE
10 Dumbbell Bench Press @ 7/10 RPE
Echo Bike Aerobic Threshold (week 2/13 – started July 17 in MAC)
18 Min at RPE3
-Rest 2 Min-
12 Min at RPE3
-Rest 2 Min-
6 Min at RPE3