CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Narrow Grip Overhead Squat
4 Sets of 5 @ 70-75% of 1RM Overhead Squat 98LB – 105LB
10 Rounds For Time:
3 Snatches 135 / 95 lb
3 Bar-Facing Burpees
– Conditioning Category: High Threshold
– Snatches: Can be power or squat. Loading should not exceed 70% of your 1RM snatch. Reps should be completed in less than 30 seconds.
– Bar-Facing Burpees: Athletes must jump over the bar but a two foot take off is not required. Reps should be completed in less than 30 seconds.
– Score: Total time.
– The most common strategy on this workout is to go power snatch quick singles on the barbell and to settle into a steady, consistent pace on the burpees.
– If you have the capacity to hold onto the barbell for touch and go sets, pace the burpees in a way that will allow you to hold onto the barbell for as many rounds as possible.
– If you are confident about your burpee capacity, but not so confident in the barbell, let’s lean into that by pushing the burpees a bit and slowing down the snatches a bit.
– Whatever strategy you go with, there will still be 20 transitions in this workout. Let’s focus on just getting the next movement started as soon as possible.
– Reduce Loading/Reps
– Sub Single Dumbbell
– Kettlebell Swings
– Reduce Reps
– Burpee Bar Step-Overs
– Regular Burpees
Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
Echo Bike FTP Prep [1/3]
2 Minutes On
1 Minutes Easy
Score: Lowest Average Watts of the 10 Rounds