CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Freaky 5k (AMRAP – Reps)
On the 6:00 x 5 Rounds:
1,000/800 Meter Row
Max Bodyweight Reps
Round 1: Chest to Bar Pull-ups
Round 2: Handstand Push-ups
Round 3: Toes to Bar
Round 4: Alternating Single Leg Squats
Round 5: 10m Shuttle Runs
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Row: Should be completed in less than 5:00.
– Bodyweight Reps: Athletes should have at least 1:00 to complete their max reps. These do not need to be unbroken sets. Just accumulate as many as possible in the remaining time of each 6:00 window after the row.
– Handstand push-up reps can be kipping or strict.
– 1 x 10m Shuttle Run = 1 Rep
– Score: Enter reps competed within each 6:00 window (not including the row).
– Aim for about an 80-85% effort on the row. We want to come off the row with enough energy to get right to work on our bodyweight movements.
– A good goal on the row would be to stay within 10s of your initial row time on each round.
– Each bodyweight movement will feel different based on each athlete and their capacity. The 3 movements that are likely to gain you the most amount of reps (if proficient) would be the chest to bar, the handstand push-ups, and the single leg squats.
– The slowest movement that is likely to gain the least amount of reps will be the shuttle runs. The toes to bar will depend on the athlete but will likely come secondary to the other 3 faster movements.
– When you finish each row, plan to just get right over to the next movement and get it started. If you need chalk, try to get it after your first set if you know it’s going to be a smaller set anyway.
– Leave about 10s for transition so you can write down your score, grab chalk if needed, then get back in the rower and be ready for the next round to start.
1000/800 METER ROW
– 800/600m Row (If you row at a 2:20 pace or slower)
– 800/600m Ski
– 2000/1600m Bike
– 800m Run
– 600m Air Run
CHEST TO BAR
– Ring Rows
– Alternating Dumbbell Plank Rows
– Use 1-2 AbMats
– Box HSPU
– Double Dumbbell Push Presses
TOES TO BAR
– Toes To As High As Possible
– Knees To Chest
– Medball Overhead Sit-Ups
SINGLE LEG SQUATS
– Squat T
Deadlift (regular no pauses)
1-3 Reps @ 75-80% of 1RM Deadlift 214LB – 228LB
*Rest As Needed Between Sets
Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
Strict Pull-ups [A]
Complete 1 Unbroken Set For Reps
Strict Pull-ups [B]
7 Sets of 40-50% Unbroken Set
*Full Recovery Between Sets
*If Your Modified For Your Unbroken Set, Use The Same Modification Here
Zone 2 + Skills
45-60 Minute @ Zone 2 (Ski)
*Accumulate 150-300 Heavy Rope Double Unders Within Allotted Time Frame