CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Build heavy spower clean then 80% max reps (Weight)
Build to Heavy Single
1 Set of Max Reps @ 80% of Heavy Single
Fight club (AMRAP – Reps)
3 Rounds For Total Reps:
1 Minute Max Thrusters 95 / 65 lb
1 Minute Max Power Cleans 95 / 65 lb
1 Minute Max Box Jump Overs (24″/20″)
1 Minute Max Pull-ups
1 Minute Max Echo Bike Calories
1 Minute Rest
– Conditioning Category: High Threshold
– Barbell: Loading should not exceed 50% of your 1RM thruster. This should allow for big sets on both the thrusters and power cleans.
– Score: Enter total reps completed each round. Your overall score will be the sum total.
– Aim for the cadence of your thrusters to be on the slower side. We want to come off this movement with control of the breath.
– Same as the thrusters, we want to breathe on the power cleans. No need to cycle these super fast as it will only hurt us in the later movements/rounds.
– We can bank a decent amount of reps on the box jump overs. Use as much of this minute as possible. Stepping down off the box is great way to keep the heart rate under control.
– Quick small sets of pull-ups is a great way to go. Spend as minimal time breaking between sets as possible.
– We aren’t likely to bank many reps on the echo bike. Knowing this have a goal number you’d like to hit each round.
– Leave about 5-10s to transition from movement to movement so you can catch your breath.
– Once you finish the first round, make it your goal to stay within 10 reps of your initial score in rounds 2 & 3.
– Reduce Loading
– Sub Dumbbells
BOX JUMP OVERS
– Reduce Box Height
– Squat Jumps
– Ring Rows
– Barbell/Dumbbell Bent Over Rows
ECHO BIKE CALORIES
– Max Cals On Any Machine
– Max 10m Shuttle Runs
Metcon (No Measure)
On the 1:30 x 10 Sets:
1 Strict Ring Muscle-up
2 Ring Muscle-ups
4 Toes to Rings
Run Intervals 9 [OPTIONAL]
40 Second Walk
Rest 4 Minutes Between Rounds.