CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Build to Heavy Single
1 Set of Max Reps @ 80% Heavy Single
– On 4.5.22 we built to a heavy set of 3 (score linked).
– We can use our heavy 3 as a reference point for our heavy single.
– Bar hits the chest in the bottom.
– Elbows fully lock at the top.
– Rest as needed between attempts and drop sets.
– Enter your heavy single. Record your max reps in your notes.
Game of Inches (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
“Game of Inches”
9 Burpees to Target (6″)
35 Double Unders
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Burpees To Target: Target should be 6 inches above your finger tips when your arms are overhead. Reps should be completed in under a minute each round.
– Double Unders: Reps should be completed in under a minute each round.
– Score: Rounds + Reps.
– We want a fast, yet sustainable pace on the burpees. Aim to complete these in the same amount of time each round.
– Catch your breath on the double unders. We want to be as relaxed as possible here.
– It is possible to go 10+ rounds on this workout if you stay focused and in control. 12 rounds is 1 round per minute. 8 rounds is 1 round every 90 seconds. 6 rounds is 1 round every 2 minutes. Aim to complete each round in 1-2 minutes.
BURPEES TO TARGET
– Reduce Reps/Target
– Regular Burpees
– Reduce Reps
– 1:00 Time Cap
– 50 Single Unders
Metcon (No Measure)
Kipping Handstand Push-ups
3 Giant Sets:
Max Handstand Push-ups (3/2-Inch Deficit)
Max Handstand Push-ups (2/1-Inch Deficit)
Max Handstand Push-ups (No Deficit)
Rest 3 Minutes Between Sets
*1 Giant Set Is Max HSPU @ Each Deficit