CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 1 Round of “Macho Man”
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 2 Rounds of “Macho Man”
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 3 Rounds of “Macho Man”
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 4 Rounds of “Macho Man”
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 5 Rounds of “Macho Man”
[Continue Adding 1 Round of Macho Man]
Barbell: 155 / 105 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Each round of Macho Man should be completed in 1:00 or less.
– “Macho Man”: 3 Power Clean + 3 Front Squats + 3 Push Jerks
– The weight on the bar should be challenging for the push jerks but you should still be able to complete the 3 reps unbroken every round. Reduce the weight if needed.
– The traditional way to break up “Macho Man”: Complete the first 2 power cleans as quick singles. Take a slightly longer break before the 3rd. Complete the 3rd power clean and hold on to complete the rest of the complex unbroken.
– Score: Rounds + Reps. If you complete the round with 5 rounds of “Macho Man” and complete 3 burpees into the next round, your score would be 5+3.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Pace the burpees in a way that will allow you to push the barbell. Stepping up or jumping up from the burpee both are appropriate here as long as there is a 2 foot take off.
2. Stay present and focused on each barbell movement. Take it one movement at a time.
3. You can hold on for unbroken sets of the barbell complex, go for the traditional break up strategy (see stimulus), or complete each piece in unbroken sets with a break between each. Just realize that the more we put the barbell down, the more cleans we’ll need to do.
LATERAL BARBELL BURPEES
– Regular Burpees
– Lateral Burpees Over Dumbbell or Object
– Burpee To Target
“Macho Man” COMPLEX
– Sub Dumbbells or Kettlebells
Metcon (No Measure)
75 Toes to Bar
36 GHD Sit-Ups
18 “Uneven” Dumbbell Deadlifts*
Rest 2:00 Between Sets