CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
For Total Load:
5 Sets of 3
*Repeat From 6/13/22
“Pressed For Time” (AMRAP – Reps)
“Pressed For Time”
On the 6:00 x 3 Rounds:
800 Meter Run
15 Double Dumbbell Front Squats
Max Double Dumbbell Shoulder to Overhead
Dumbbells: 50 / 35 lb’s
– Conditioning Category: Grindy Threshold
– Run: Completed in 4:30 or less.
– Front Squats: Loading should allow athletes to complete the reps in 1-2 sets each round.
– Shoulder To Overhead: Loading should allow athletes to complete sets of 7 or more.
– Score: 3 sets of reps completed each round. Overall score will be the sum total.
– While we want to push the run a bit, it should not come at the expense of our dumbbell sets. Aim to be just a bit outside of the comfort zone here.
– Aim to complete unbroken sets or to take one break with a rep or 2 left. This will allow you to go right from your last front squat into your first set of shoulder to overhead.
– While we want to bank as many reps as possible on the dumbbells, let’s always leave 3-5 reps in the tank when taking breaks so that we can avoid sticky or failed reps.
– There is no rest between rounds so be mindful of the clock. Think about stopping 5-10s early to get set for the next round.