CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Clean n jerk build to 1 heavy single (Weight)
Clean & Jerk
Build to Heavy Single For The Day
Deadlifts 225 / 155 lb
Dumbbell Hang Power Cleans 50 / 35 lb’s
Strict Handstand Push-ups
Time Cap: 20 Minutes
– Conditioning Category: Grindy Threshold. Athletes should move at their maximal sustainable pace while grinding through these movements.
– Deadlifts: Loading should not exceed 65% of you 1RM deadlift.
– Dumbbell Hang Power Cleans: Should be performed with 2 dumbbells and can be swung in between the legs or outside legs.
– Strict HSPU: Athletes should be able to complete 7 or more reps unbroken when fresh in order to complete reps as prescribed.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete the workout. If capped, add 1s for every missed rep.
– Let’s plan our strategy around the strict handstand push-ups.
– If we are confident we can complete the HSPU unbroken, we can be more aggressive on the barbell and dumbbells. Maybe shooting for unbroken sets or 1 break on the earlier rounds.
– If we know we’ll need to break up the HSPU a bit, we should be a bit more conservative on the barbell and dumbbells. Maybe going for 2-3 sets on the earlier rounds and 1 break on the later rounds.
– Let’s really try to make our transitions smooth and consistent.
– Reduce Loading
– Sub Dumbbells
DUMBBELL HANG POWER CLEANS
– Reduce Loading
– Sub Barbell
– Sub Kettlebells
– Use Riser
– Sub Dumbbell Strict Presses
– Sub Pike Push-Ups
– Sub Push-Ups
Clean & Jerk Cycling
Set 1: 1 Squat Clean + 5 Push Jerks
Set 2: 2 Squat Cleans + 4 Push Jerks
Set 3: 3 Squat Cleans + 3 Push Jerks
Set 4: 4 Squat Cleans + 2 Push Jerks
Set 5: 5 Squat Cleans + 1 Push Jerk
*Performed Between 75-85% of Heavy Single
*Use The Same Weight Across All Sets
Handstand Walk Conditioning
AMRAP 3 x 5 Rounds:
Round 1: 100ft. Handstand Walk + Max Calorie Bike
Round 2: 80ft. Handstand Walk + Max Calorie Bike
Round 3: 60ft. Handstand Walk + Max Calorie Bike
Round 4: 40ft. Handstand Walk + Max Calorie Bike
Round 5: 20ft. Handstand Walk + Max Calorie Bike
3 Rounds For Time:
600 Meter Run, Rest 1 Minute
400 Meter Run, Rest 1 Minute
200 Meter Run, Rest 1 Minute