CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Build to a heavy power snatch (Weight)
With a 10 Minute Running Clock…
Build to Heavy Single For The Day
Carpal Tunnel (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
3 Rounds x AMRAP 5:
100 Double Unders
50 Alternating Single Dumbbell Snatches 50 / 35 lb
Rest 5 Minutes Between AMRAPS
*PICK UP WHERE YOU LEFT OFF EACH ROUND.
– Conditioning Category: High Threshold
– Double Unders: Reps should be completed in less than 2:00. If you cannot complete 30+ reps unbroken when fresh, reduce the reps.
– Pull-ups: Reps should be completed in less than 2:00. If you cannot complete 10+ reps unbroken when fresh, reduce the reps.
– Dumbbell Snatches: Reps should be completed in less than 2:00. If you cannot switch hands on the way down each rep, reduce the loading. This is 50 reps total (not each arm).
– Score: Total rounds + reps.
– The pull-ups are likely the place athletes will slow down the most. Let’s plan our strategy around what will help you maximize your pull-up sets.
– If you know the pull-ups are going to be challenging, let’s break the double unders into 2-4 sets intentionally to shake out the arms.
– The dumbbell snatches are going to be a grind. We can think of the snatches as 5 sets of 10. The first 10 snatches could be slower and more methodical reps. The second set of 10 snatches could be faster reps. You could alternate between these 2 speeds until the reps are complete. This will all depend on how much time you have on these but having different speeds can help mentally.
– The pull-ups will all depend on your capacity. The best break up strategy though is the one that will cause you to rest the least.
100 DOUBLE UNDERS
– Reduce Reps To 75, 60, or 50
– 150 Single Unders
– 1:30 On Any Machine
– Reduce Reps
– 20 Strict
– Ring Rows
– Alternating Dumbbell Plank Rows
– Reduce Loading/Reps
– 30 Light Barbell Snatches
Metcon (No Measure)
Power Snatch Conditioning
Until You Can’t Complete Work On The Minute:
Minute 1: 1 Power Snatch + 1 Box Jump
Minute 2: 1 Power Snatch + 2 Box Jumps
Minute 3: 1 Power Snatch + 3 Box Jumps
Add 1 Box Jump Per Round
Barbell: 70% of Heavy Single From Previous Piece
A. 8-12 Barbell Hip Thrusts
B. 60-90s Elbow Plank
C. 8-12 Barbell Upright Rows
*Repeat from 6.15.22